Welcome to the Atlantic Container Service, LLC. (ACS) and LanPort, LLC. career center. You will find employment opportunities and information about why ACS. or Lanport is a great place to work.
Current job opportunities with LanPort, Inc:
LanPort is a drug-free workplace; a pre-employment drug screen is required. Must have a clean MVR that meets our insurance underwriting requirements. Benefits after 90 days’ employment to include health, dental and life insurance, paid holidays and vacation, and SIMPLE IRA with employer match. Hourly salary commensurate with experience and abilities.
Savannah – Apply in person at 124 Prosperity Drive, Garden City, GA. 31408
Atlanta – Apply in person at 465 Sawtell Ave, S.E. Atlanta, GA 30315
Charleston – Fax your resume to (843) 971-1790 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Memphis – Apply is person at 642 E. Brooks Rd, Memphis, TN, 38116
Current position in Savannah
* Jockey-Lift Driver.
Immediate opening for an experienced jockey truck/lift driver. Knowledge of intermodal equipment handling desired. Duties to include the safe operation of yard equipment on a busy facility to reposition containers and chassis to assure an efficient work flow for mechanic and inspection personnel, as well as communicating effectively with truck drivers and yard personnel. Lift certification will be required.
Current positions in Savannah, Atlanta, and Memphis
* Container and Chassis Mechanic
LanPort, Inc. is in need of skilled container and chassis mechanics. Prior experience in the repair of both containers and chassis required.
Experience with burning/cutting and welding is a must for container mechanic applicants. Experience with cutting and welding, electrical systems and air systems is a must for chassis mechanic applicants.
– Applicant must pass a pre-employment drug screen
– Applicant must pass a pre-employment background check
– Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license and have a verifiable clean MVR.
Current position in South Carolina:
* General Fleet Mechanic.
- Inspect each piece of power equipment each morning
- Perform necessary repairs on power equipment as required (included but not limited to Top Lifts, Fork Lifts, Service / Mobile Trucks, gasoline powered compressors and welders, compressors in shops and any other equipment on the yard)
- Perform monthly preventative maintenance (PMs) on all power equipment
- Repair or rebuild tools as required
- Complete work orders on all work activity on a daily basis accounting for all time
- Drive company vehicle on yard
- Drive company vehicle on public highway to pick up parts
- Responsible for maintaining a book of POs and issuing a PO on purchases made
- Any other duties as assigned
- Strong mechanical skills in the following areas:
- Gasoline engine maintenance and repair
- Diesel engine maintenance and repair
- Electrical wiring repair and diagnostics
- Hydraulic repair and diagnostics
- Basic welding skills
- Basic cutting and burning skills
- Handling of large tires (removal, break down and reassemble)
- Ability to understand and speak the English language
- Ability to write in the English language clearly
- Forty hour work week
- 0800 hours to 1700 hours
- Monday through Friday
- Overtime may be required